Thinking. Growing. Learning. Changing.

Tuesday 20 November 2007

One small step...



Following my recent post about sundays, their purpose and a day of rest I made a small step of progress. That is; I didn't go to church on sunday morning. I didn't simply opt not to go and waste my time doing nothing - that would achieve little and be a pointless exercise. Instead, I chose to have morning coffee/lunch with my best friend as she was home from Dundee for the weekend. Sunday morning was the only time I could really see her. Usually my response would be 'Well I'll see you at church' and we would try to squeeze in some time for chatting before and after. However, this time I decided that quality time with my closest friend seemed more important at the present moment. It was wonderful. We had lunch, relaxing and chatting and for me, actually resting before the business of the rest of day commenced. For once, I didn't feel guilty. I am not ruled by the sabbath - my sense of urgent obligation to attend church is slowly being released. I have not lost interest in church and neither am I become slack in my attentiveness to the teaching of the gospel. I am simply learning to rest.

No comments: